Ten firefighters were called out to help catch a Brazilian wandering spider after it was found in a shipping container in Germany. Also known as the banana spider, the creature was named in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s most venomous. Mainly found in tropical South America, the spider’s venom will kill in minutes, causing a lingering death from paralysis, with victims often sporting erections caused by the toxin as they die in agony.Customs officials in Bremerhaven, north west Germany, found the deadly spider during a routine customs check and immediately alerted the police, who sealed off the area. To prevent a chance of having a fatal allergic shock, which is also caused by the spider’s bite, the firefighters had to wear chemical protective suits and one of them flooded the container with carbon dioxide from a fire extinguisher. The spider did not survive and its dead body was safely retrieved.This post first appeared on Linda Ikeji’s Blog. Read the original story here.